By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Introducing Bugsy

Crazy as I am, I purchased a second wheel just before the postal strike from a posting I saw on Ravelry. I had been thinking that I needed a travel wheel and then I saw the Merlin Tree Roadbug!

He was for sale from Vancouver and it was a deal at $200 so I once again put my request in for it right from the comfort of my bed. For those who know me I have a problem with ordering things at night and I've yet to find a support group, only enablers. This was a big leap of faith for me as I had never tried or seen a Roadbug or Hitchhiker wheel before.

It took a very long time for the wheel to arrive as it got held ransom by the Canada Post strike, but it did arrive safe and almost sound last Thursday, the day before the long weekend.

It was a perfect scene when I got home early from work, still not knowing my wheel had arrived, and doubting I would have the luck of it being here for the weekend. When I walked in the door, there was a box (smaller than expected) on the floor and a bottle of wine opened to breath in a decanter with a pot of flowers in behind. My first thought was "Wow! Troy bought me flowers and opened a bottle of wine to celebrate the wheel arriving!".

Bugsy

Of course he had bought the flowers and opened the wine without knowing the wheel would then arrive, but you can understand my deciphering of the situation. Nonetheless, it was a perfect scene and I quickly poured a glass a wine and set to opening the box. The wheel was perfect except the orifice hook broke in shipping (which I've since glued and all is well). All and all not bad considering it had been held against my will in a post office depot for so long. I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening out on the front porch getting to know my new cute but durable little wheel.



It was even smaller than I expected and much cuter. I've named it Bugsy. He spins like a little work horse and I just love him. If wheels can have personality, he is a little spitfire disguised as a cutie pie. I spun and plied over 10 ounces of fibre between Thursday to Sunday on him and I am so happy I made that rash decision of ordering him. Someday I plan to give him a makeover to match his personality but it's going to take a while to get to that point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home