By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Monday, March 12, 2012

First leg of many

All packed and ready for the first leg of this journey to Las Vegas.  I'm calling this trip the "Visa Trip" since that is the main purpose of it.  Tomorrow I fly  to Toronto, rent a car and then drive to Peace Bridge border crossing between Fort Erie, ON and Buffalo, NY.  There I will meet the lawyer hired by my company to make this process go all smooth and quick.  Let's hope he's worth the money!

After meeting with immigration people and successfully answering all of their questions I should get my L1-A visa.  Everything should go fine as it's an intra-company transfer, but I'll feel much more comfortable tomorrow night once I have it.  I'll be crashing for the night in Buffalo then flying out Wednesday morning to Las Vegas, through Chicago first.  Never been to Chicago, not that the airport really counts.

When I get to Las Vegas no time to rest.... the very top guy of our company will be there for a meeting with all the staff... I should look and feel great after 2 days of travelling :)

No pictures to share tonight unless you'd like one of my giant suitcase.  Until tomorrow when hopefully I'll be reporting I am the proud owner of a visa to work in Vegas!

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 13, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, you mean that's how it works? You have to sell the house, give half your yarn stash and THEN find out if you get your visa?!?

You're much stronger than me baby.
MM

 
At Tuesday, March 13, 2012, Blogger SupremeAntBee said...

Glad you're excited for your journey, Tanya!

Anthony

 

Post a Comment

<< Home