By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

President Obama

Today I had a chance to do something that most American's who have lived here all their lives do not get to do... Shake the hand of the President of the United States!!


This photo was taken immediately after he approached me, asked how I was today, and shook my hand.




I managed to say "I am very good, thank you". I kept my Canadian thank you in there even under pressure :)


The 'conversation' was caught on video which is also kind of cool.


We also made the news http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/


A HUGE thank you to my friend and co-worker Ginette who invited me along with her for this amazing opportunity!




3 Comments:

At Thursday, March 22, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be there is one thing but to actually be able to shake hands AND get a picture of it AND look marvelous in the picture is simply amazing!

Thank you for sharing,
MM

 
At Thursday, March 22, 2012, Blogger SupremeAntBee said...

WOW! I hope you haven't washed that hand yet! LOL! That is so cool you got to shake hands with the President!
You look so fly in your Jackie O shades, he had to come say hello to you! Glad you're enjoying your time out there so far, Tanya! You sure are missed here.
Going to knit night at the kitchen tonight. I'll tell everyone about your adventure, I don't think Manon will be there tonight.
see ya!
Anthony

 
At Saturday, March 24, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! That is SO cool. You look so fabulous too! Sounds like you are having a good time so far.
So much for you hating it there and rushing back home to NB. Sigh.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon. :)
Jenn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home