By Tanya

This is a site to catelog, track and share all the various projects I create. It is intended to share and log successes and failures of my various craft projects. Soon you will see Handmade Cards, Knitting projects, Scrapbook pages, and Quilting projects, to name a few.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Lotus Blossom has bloomed

I have finished my summer project and it's still summer!

Here are some pictures of my completed Lotus Blossom Tank top from Interweave Summer 2006.

IMG_2931.JPG
IMG_2925.JPG
IMG_2924.JPG
IMG_2928.JPG


I like it quite a bit but the arm holes are a little strange in the way they fit. After a few wears I may add sleeve caps because I think those may work better. The cast off edge is a little tight and rolls in. Other than that I just love my new top!

Adjustments that I made were to knit the stocking stitch section for 7.5" before the arm holes. Also, I used 100% cotton instead of bamboo. I made the top with about 4-5" of negative ease at it is quite stretch and I wanted it to be fitted.

Now on to fall projects....

5 Comments:

At Monday, July 21, 2008, Blogger deirdre said...

Tanya, that is gorgeous - the colour really looks good on you! And it is exciting to make something in the right season, isn't it? Mine is coming out to play this week, so we'll see if I can get summer wear out of mine, too...

 
At Monday, July 21, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Already finished?!? And it fits you so well!!! Any chance of you sending me just a wee bit of your good karma.

Manon

 
At Monday, July 21, 2008, Blogger haggaret said...

I like it Tan, and you look great!

 
At Wednesday, July 23, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way this turned out! It is beautiful and looks great on you. I think I might have to add this to my ever growing list of things to knit.
Awesome color & great job!

 
At Wednesday, July 30, 2008, Blogger TRJones said...

that's one of the best that you've done Tan. and it fits perfectly! great job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home